WALL PAINTING DESIGNS & TEXTURES FOR BEDROOM
There is no doubt that a simple, solid coat of paint can make a bedroom look beautiful and elegant. However, for those who are not satisfied by a mere “nice” looking bedroom, there are ways in which you can up the “wow factor”. Readily seen in décor magazines and over the internet, wall texture designs for the bedroom are a great way of converting your resting place into a piece of art. Here are a few ways in which you can incorporate wall texture designs to bedrooms and create striking results:
1. Stencilling ArtworkWith the growing popularity of texture paint designs for bedrooms, you can find a wall stencil for just about any pattern you wish to incorporate on your bedroom walls. Although you are free to use your artistic abilities to create freehand patterns on the bedroom wall, if you do not trust the same, a stencil can come to your rescue. Using a stencil is simple and fail-proof with the right texture paint, you can create amazing artwork on bedroom walls effortlessly. Stencils are brilliant hacks if you wish to create repeated patterns, murals, or mosaic designs over the focal wall. With never-ending patterns and designs to choose amongst, finding wall texture designs for the bedroom you love is just a stencil away.
2. Metallic GlazeA fail-proof way to bring glamour onto the bedroom walls is bejewelling it with a soft metallic accent. Metallic glaze over a slightly textured bedroom wall can help create a truly glamorous or dramatic look in your bedroom. For the best effect choose the focal wall to apply the metallic wall texture designs for bedroom, accentuating the same with a darker base paint over the remaining walls.
3. Diamond PatternsHarlequin or diamond patterns are a sophisticated textured bedroom art that is sure to turn heads. The easy to create Harlequin pattern requires you to have nothing more than the right tools and the right paint accent, to create a fun pattern in a bedroom. Just like a checkerboard pattern, the harlequin pattern requires you to measure and apply painter’s tape in diagonal strips across your desired bedroom wall and paint over the entire application. Peeling this after the paint has dried offers a surprisingly sophisticated look in the master bedroom.
4. Velvety TextureA rich velvety or suede texture can add depth and warmth to your walls. A fabric like lax finish can add a soft touch to your walls, making it reek elegance. A great choice for bedroom walls, velvety texture can create a comfortable ambience, toning down the contrasting marble floor or white overall paints with the necessary warmth from the fabric finish.
5. Colour OverlayA painting technique that can add texture and depth to bedroom walls is colour washing. This easy to attain technique adds texture to your desired colour of a satin base coat, which is then painted over with a glaze paint mixture to create an overlay of colour and patterns.
6. Peeling/Ageing EffectA new and trendy paint technique that is gaining prominence in the industrial-inspired bedrooms or living spaces is an ageing textured wall or ceiling. Mixing crackle medium in the paint causes it to dry with cracks, creating the desired aged effect. This can help add a shabby vintage or rustic style onto the walls or furnishing.
7. Linen TextureA weave paint technique is a great way to add style and elegance to a modern or contemporary bedroom wall. To create linen-like weaves, a mixture of satin base coat colour and glaze are applied on the wall in sections, creating a wet glaze vertically or horizontally over the same with a brush to attain the desired effect.
8. Rag Rolling DesignsRag rolling is one of the most common painting techniques used to create wall texture for bedrooms. The technique is usually used over an accent wall or feature wall, to create a rugged and vintage look. The technique requires you to first paint your walls with an overall base colour of your liking, then once dry, use a creased rag dipped in a darker or lighter glaze colour over the wall in random directions.
9. Sponging GlazeSponging is similar to rag rolling, where instead of a rag you can use a natural sea sponge or sponge roller to dab the desired top glaze, over the already dried base coat, to create an overlapping pattern offering a unique outcome.
10. Stone ImpressionsA very brilliant and eye-catching technique that has become increasingly famous with interior decorators is a faux paint technique. Stonework wall is a faux painting texture design that offers a more dramatic effect on walls than wallpaper or stencil. To attain a textured stone effect, to make your bedroom walls look unique, you will need your basecoat to create an aged stucco effect, make the grout lines and create a stone-like formation that offers a realistic look to the faux stone wall.
11. Beachy WavesImagine if you could bring the vivid patterns on the sandy beaches to your bedroom. It is possible with this bedroom wall texture. All you need is a roller painter, string, and the colours of your choice. Wrap the string around the painter, dip in the paint, and get started. When you dress up the walls in this texture design, the results will be marvellous! Awesomeness has no set pattern, it can be all wavy - beach wavy!
12. Ombre EffectThe sequence of a dark tone to light or from one colour to another can also be an amazing wall painting design for bedroom. The gradient effect of colours is known as an ombre effect. Adding a dash of this technique doesn’t require too much effort. All you have to do is pick the right colours for this effect. Ideally, people choose a colour and add the ombre effect with white or the darkest tone of the same colour.
13. Floral ViewFloral look pretty, no matter where the pattern is. A lot of homeowners prefer this wall texture paint for bedroom because they just increase the opportunity of bringing flowers to their bedrooms! You, too, can incorporate floral patterns in your bedroom’s theme. The best option to do this is using floral stencils. You just need to find the stencil you like, choose the bedroom paint colours, and get started. Another method of covering the walls with texture design for bedroom is using floral stamps. And if you wish to take the easier route, wallpapers are the best thing to opt for.
14. Striped PrintsStrips are everywhere, right from clothes to bedding and upholstery. If you have too many striped home décor elements and upholstery, you can move to texture paint for bedroom. This texture paint design for bedroom wall allows you to use multiple colours and create a colourful backdrop for your home decor. The issue with this bedroom wall texture is that you can easily go wrong here as you need precision. So to achieve the best striped texture is to hire an experienced home painter.
15. Denim FabricWe all know what a denim fabric looks like. But imagine if your home walls start to look like a pair of jeans. Interesting, right? This texture paint design for bedroom is ideal if you are looking for something modern and stylish. Denim bedroom wall texture is the best backdrop for minimalistic bedroom settings too. And just like denim fabrics are available in several colours, you can experiment with this texture design for bedroom in different colours. Don’t limit yourself to blues and blacks.
16. Exposed BrickworkWish to try something raw and rustic? Nothing will work better than the exposed brickwork. You can ditch the plasterwork and levelling and directly move on to primer and then painting the house. Pick your favourite colour for this texture paint design for the bedroom walls. To enhance the awesomeness of this style, you can place potted plants and get patches of vertical garden. Wooden furniture and metallic elements go best with this texture idea. This isn’t the end; you can choose from several other texture paint designs for bedroom. Check out our Colour Trails collection where we get inspired by different cities and spectacular scenes from those cities. The textures you see there are nothing less than masterpieces. A bedroom is a personal space that is not merely a place to sleep but also a place where one can be at peace with themselves and rejuvenate. Thus, planning something special for your bedroom décor can also be a way to add to your experience in your explicit place of comfort.
Want to know which colours will look good on your walls? Use Nerolac’s Colour Palette and get colour combinations of your choice in seconds.
Looking for “paint shop near me”? With Nerolac Store Locator you can find a paint store nearest to your location in seconds!
Warm or cool, loud or subtle, fiery or earthy, whatever be your choice, we have what you want.
- Nerolac Paint+ Colours – No More Withhold of Cracks
- Nerolac Paint Plus Colours – Uniquely Yours with a Touch of Technology
- 9 Stylish Kitchen Design Colours For You In 2022
- 9 Popular Indian House Colour Combination for Outside Walls with Pictures